Wednesday, March 12, 2008

WHAT A WONDERFUL LIFE!!!!!




GRATITUDE: The first secret to happiness.

I have found that it is easy to be grateful when life is good-when the money is in the bank, the romance is good and every one is healthy. But,when the waters start getting rough and the waves just seem to keep crashing down that is when it is my toughest time to show gratitude. "Thank You" usually isn't the phrase that immediately comes to my mind.

I actually have to work at being happy. I just assumed that happiness is a feeling that comes as a result of good things that just happen to us, things over which we have little or no control. On the contrary, happiness takes work and it is not a feeling to be awaited.

So today, I am thankful for all the little things. I am grateful to God for my wonderful life!!! I am blessed with three wonderful, fantastic, perfect children. I am blessed with a loving husband who is my best friend. I am grateful that I have a husband who has made it possible for me to stay home and raise our boys. Words cannot express the gratitude in my heart for the blessing of our beautiful daughter Keeli.I have a wonderful family that I truly love.

I am grateful that I live in this wonderful valley. I love being able to live so close to my parents. (Who left on a mission) and brothers and sisters. There is no greater joy than spending my days with the people I love the most. So I will not complain today. I am going to savor this peaceful, happy, feeling of joy in my heart.

4 comments:

Trish said...

Although I think I am worthy of my own paragraph, I am thankful for you too. Love ya!

Jane Anne said...

I loved reading this today. It is very insightful and true. It is a good reminder for me. Thanks.

Lindi said...

Ok If I wasn't missing home before (which I was), I REALLY am now!!

Mom, Grandma said...

Who is the hunk doing the plie'?

Your attitude reflects your gratitude.
Your blog shows that you have an awesome attitude and great gratitude.