Thursday, March 27, 2008

MOMMY AND ME


The boys enjoyed spring break this past weekend. They packed up the dirt bikes and headed to five mile pass for a day of boy time. Trish called up and said she was taking the girls to the movie "Horton Hears a Who." On Mondays they have a special showing where infants and toddlers are free. That sounded like fun, taking Keeli out for a mother daughter date. I waited years for a daughter to take to the mall, to go see chick flicks and to get pretty manicures. My years of waiting are over! Keeli and I are going out for our first mother daughter date!

I picked Trish,Luke and the girls up and we headed out for a day at the movies. We walked into the dark theatre with our hands full of babies, drinks and treats. The theatre was jam packed full of infants and toddlers. It then hit me, of course the theatre is full of kids. They are free! There were no seats. We had to separate and find what few seats were left. I sat down with Keeli on my lap excited to enjoy a fun movie. I somehow forgot that Keeli is only ten months old. She wanted nothing to do with a movie. I frantically started giving her baby cheeto's. She would eat one and throw one. I tried giving her teddy grahams. She wanted to feed teddy grahams to the boy next to her. She then threw her binky. I was feeling around on the dark floor and couldn't find it anywhere. I was wrestling Keeli in a small confined seat with total strangers sitting on each side of me. My mother/daughter date was turning into a nightmare. It gets worse. An awful smell begins to permeate around me. "Please tell me it is not Keeli," I pleaded. Yes, Keeli decided a movie would be a perfect place to do her business. I was done.

We left the movie after an excruciating forty minutes. We waited in the car for Trish and her gang. I guess I was a bit too anxious for our mother/daughter date. We now spend our bonding time together watching the "Wiggles" and "Captain Feathersword" on the television.

5 comments:

Jane Anne said...

That cracks me up!! I can see the excitement in your eyes in the darling picture. You should add an "after" picture too!

Trish said...

You didn't enjoy mommy and me movie time? The movie was awesome! Keeli's binky and cheetos are still in that movie theatre somewhere!

Brooke said...

such a pretty picture.

and yes, movies with babies are NOT fun. come over here for a viewing of something-- keeli can throw all the cheetos she's wants!

Marie said...

That is so funny!! Keeli is so cute.

Lindi said...

Sassy mom & sassy baby! You are looking smokin'!! And Keeli is adorable. I can't wait to see her.