Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I'M NOT THAT OLD!!!!!!!! AM I????????


I find no satisfaction in writing this post. Actually, I am a little mad, sad, confused or maybe even in denial. Trish and I decided to kill a couple hours at the mall today with our two babies. It was a chore in and of itself to load up two car seats, two strollers and two diaper bags and, last but not least, two large sonic diet cokes. I know it would have been easier to just stay home. In hindsight, that is what I should have done.

We had a fun time shopping for Olivia. That is, until it was checkout time. Keeli was flirting with the checkout ladies. She was showing them how she claps, how she can raise her hands in the air when we say "so big." I was really quite proud of my beautiful little baby. Tricia was trying to feed baby Luke and pay for her purchases at the same time. I was really impressed with her multi-tasking. The sales clerk then asked Trish if these were both her babies. I look over at Trish and she totally has a smirk. I know she thinks this is funny. On the contrary, there is nothing funny about it. "Are you serious? I really don't look that old. At least I don't think I do."

Ok, wait there is more to my sad story. We ventured out to the mall last week to get some make-up. We were having an enjoyable time trying on all the new spring colors. Keeli was showing off like she always does. Luke was fast asleep in his stroller. As we are checking out Trish is asked if these are both her babies. What am I the Grandma??

So my self-esteem is not that great right now. I think I am having a mid-life crisis. Apparently I am in need of a tune-up. Maybe some lifts and tucks and a couple shots of botox. Keeli, I am so sorry that you have such an old mom. I am going to go drown my sorrows in some chocolate and diet coke. And yes, I am still training for a triathalon!!!!! Trish enjoy your youth while you still have it.

6 comments:

Trish said...

We are going out to eat, can you come with us so we can get the Senior Citizen Discount? It's not always about you. I think they were commenting on how young I look, not how old you look.

Martinson/Adam/Tiff said...

I love you and I would tell you the truth, you are one hot mama! People are weird and never look at the whole picture. I remember having Makenna in head to toe pink and people asking what HIS name was or how old is HE? Or having Branton in basketball sweats and telling me how cute my little girls were, as if I would dress one like a princess and one like a lesbian? People are stupid and you are beautiful, stylish and anything but old! I love you Tiff

Jane Anne said...

You think you have it bad, I'm only five years older then you and I AM A GRANDMA!!!!!!

Marie said...

HAHA!! Sorry mom!

Jana, I think you are one hot mama :)

Mom, Grandma said...

I laughed out loud when I saw the pix. It looked like me.

Brooke said...

it's probably because you look way TOO skinny to have a baby as little as keeli.

also, have you noticed the free triathlon training at the treehouse? i'm intrigued.