Sunday, April 6, 2008

WHERE'S AUSTIN


Yes, We do have a son named Austin. He lives in a paintball world. His true happiness, joy, love and time is devoted to this sport. We don't see him much. His days consist of school, work, church, and paintball. This past Friday he went straight from school to work (his work is at a paintball field) He tells me he arrived home around 12:30 a.m. He then left at 5:30 a.m. for his team paintball practice. He pretty much just sleeps and eats here.

I knew he had a paintball addiction when I walked into his room and to what did my wandering eyes did appear but boxes and boxes of paintballs everywhere. During one of our conversations I asked Austin, "Are you going to be able to leave paintball for two years while you are on a mission." I got a bit nervous when he had to sit and ponder my question. He said, "Of course, but I will need 5 weeks off a year to play tournaments." HAHA

We are now planning family vacations around Austin's busy schedule. It is paintball season once again. We miss you Austin. We will see you in the fall.

5 comments:

Marie said...

Is that all paintball stuff in his room?! Wow! I've never been or seen paintballing. Maybe someday I can watch him play!

Mom, Grandma said...

Find a tournament in the DC area and paintball will be my favorite sport?

What are all of the boxes, a two year supple?

Mom, Grandma said...

That would be supply----

Trish said...

How long will that paint last him? It looks like you have a year supply of paint to go along with the year supply of food storage! Hopefully you will see his carpet again someday.

Jane Anne said...

OH MY!!!that's a ton of paintballs. He's such a great kid... It would be fun to watch him sometime, if that's possible..I'm guessing it's not really a spectator sport though...