Tuesday, April 22, 2008

TURN IT AROUND!

THIS IS TAHITI VILLAGE
(where we are supposed to be staying)
I am trying not to be spoiled. I am trying not to complain. I am trying not to pout. However, I am totally upset and downright furious. Question to self. "Why do we pay so much money for a timeshare?" ANSWER: The cheesey timeshare salesman told us we would make happy, family, memories. That is the reason we bought a timeshare. To make wonderful memories with our family.

We are leaving to Las Vegas tomorrow to stay in the wonderful Tahiti Village. You know the one where Alan Thicke is drinking a Pina Colada in the sandy, gorgeous,huge, pool. The resort with beautiful palm trees surrounding an enormous pool. The resort where we were going to swim, play and make our wonderful family memories. Just like the timeshare salesman promised.

I have been looking forward to our wonderful family vacation for a few weeks. I had visions in my head of us all swimming and lounging around the pool with Pina Colada's in hand. Catching up on all the book club books that I am anxious to read. A wonderful week-end of relaxation and sun by a beautiful pool.

NOT!!! We came home from our work-out this morning to a lovely message on our machine. We have overbooked the resort so we have to relocate you to another hotel. WHAT? CAN THEY DO THAT? Our reservation starts tomorrow. One day notice of a resort change. After a hour of complaining to Interval International the timeshare people. They are so sorry. However, there is nothing they can do. We now are staying in a hotel that has a tiny, little, rectangular, pool. No palm trees, no Pina Colada's, No beautiful sand. Oh, and children are not allowed to use the pool before 10:00 a.m. and after 5:00 p.m. It then changes to an adult pool. Sounds family friendly to me. If there were pictures of the pool I would post them. Unfortunatley, it must be so bad that they don't even have pictures of their gross pool.

I am trying to remember Michael Mclean's song turn it around. The song where you are supposed to turn a bad situation into a good one. I am trying to remember the adage," When life gives you lemons make lemon-ade." I am trying to remember the little book, "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff." I know that this is small and insignificant. None the less, I am still mad!!!

We are leaving tomorrow to Las Vegas to enjoy our lovely two star time-share. I am leaving my bad attitude at home and we are going to make it a great vacation!!! (Hopefully) and the time-share is for sale if anyone is interested.

5 comments:

Trish said...

damn that timeshare salesman! Have fun sipping your water by the rectangular pool. So glad we didn't book a room with ya. See ya in a few!

Linda said...

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!! NO WAY!!!!!!!! NO WAY!!!!!!!!!! That was not in the contract.

Jane Anne said...

Oh my... I would be furious...I can't believe they did that to you. I don't think that's being spoiled at all..It's what you paid for and it's what you should get...

I do admire that you are trying to have a good attitude though...Have fun.

angie said...

Can I interest you in half a cabin in Heber City? ha ha!! Have fun!! At least it's warm and not raining.
Angie

Brooke said...

that is NOT fair.

i'm sorry... i'm sure you'll come back tan and happy and that's all that really matters, right? right?