Sunday, July 6, 2008

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!




We have had a summer of fun, food, vacations, company, EFY, Youth Conference, swimming, sun, good friends and, last but not least, sickness. WHO GETS SICK IN THE SUMMER? Keeli was sick with croup. She had to get steroid injections to open up her airway. We cuddled and rocked a sick baby for a week. I was a basket case worried about our little baby. Maybe that is the reason I came down with STREP THROAT. I was miserable in my bedroom with shivers, a fever and trying not to swallow. Thank Heaven's for anti-biotics within a day I was back to my normal self, except for the fact that I felt this rash on my back. I was perplexed, wondering what was this thing on my back. I asked family, friends, anyone who would look at it what this blistery, red, irritating thing was on my back. The answer: SHINGLES. Why would I get shingles? The doctor's answer was that shingles comes from stress and a weakened immune system. I am now trying to figure out what I am stressed about. Could it be the big 40? Could it be the triathalon I am suppossed to be training for? None the less, I have no idea why my body just shut down. I am now on the mend. The doctor asked if I needed any meds. I declined as I am not in any pain. My younger sister then told me you never turn down drugs. She is so right. It is always nice to have a stash for an emergency. However, with me it is best that they stay at the doctor's office. I will just stick to my old stand-by DIET COKE. Summer is now in full swing and we are better than ever and we are going to enjoy every minute of it!!!!

7 comments:

Linda said...

Let's see.....we come to visit and you get shingles the day we leave....could it be that we brought you the STRESS???? (I sure hope not, and if so, you hid it well. You're an awesome hostess. THANKS!!!)

Jane Anne said...

How are those shingles doing anyway? Are they gone yet?

Jeff said...

Shingles is apparently a recurrence of chicken pox that's been hanging out in the nervous system since you had it in childhood... bizarre stuff. Hope you feel better.

Trish said...

I think you spoke too soon! Isn't the flu at your house now? We are making an "unclean" sign for your front door. And I still stand firm, Never turn down meds!

Tami said...

Hopefully you're all better. Being sick is NO fun.

Mom, Grandma said...

You need your mom to take care of you!

Brooke said...

jana, i hear you're sick AGAIN! i'm so sorry.