Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Not My Hair Appointment


It happened so fast. I looked at my hair and dark roots were taking over my blonde locks. I needed a hair appointment; and I needed it right now. I called up my favorite hairdresser, Cindy, wanting to get an apppointment A.S.A.P. I told her that it is an emergency. The gray was coming in too fast and I was losing control. Unfortunately, hairdressers do not take emergency appointments. I would have to suffer through another whole week.
Today is the big day and my excitement is giddy. There is something about leaving a hair salon with a new cut and color that just makes me feel good inside. I am counting the hours until my appointment. I can make it a few more hours. I know I can!
Trish just called and needs help with carpool as her car has a flat tire. "Sure, I will be right over and we can stop and get a drink on our way home." As we are driving the kids to pre-school Trish exclaims, "I need to call Cindy. I need a hair appt, and I need it right now." I look at her with a smug smile and reply, "I have my hair appointment with Cindy tonight." I could tell she was a little mad, as she was feeling the same sense of urgency that I had felt last week. Then I hear the words, "Can I have your appointment?" "Please no, not my hair appointment", I think to myself. I look at her hair to see if she is truly in a state of emergency. "We are defintely in the same category. What am I to do", I ponder silently. Half-heartedly, I reply, "If you really need the appointment, you can take mine." She looks at me with a smile and says, "I would never take a girls hair appointment." She is so right. You never mess with a girl and her hair.

2 comments:

Trish said...

Cindy the miracle worker was able to work on us both at the same time. Thanks for sharing your precious time in the "hair chair." And my roots were much worse than yours!

Jane Anne said...

You guys are so funny!! I love reading your blogs!