Wednesday, October 1, 2008

AM I CRAZY????










I broke my arm in July. Because of the broken bone I forgot my way to the gym. I forgot to watch my calorie intake. I forgot that my weight explodes when I do not exercise. I have to say that I have had a very enjoyable two months. Zingers, Diet Coke, M&M's plain and peanut, Diet Coke, chocolate chip cookies, Diet Coke and gummy bears, oh, and did I mention Diet Coke! I was on a two month binge. Suffice to say, I lost all control. It is definitely time for an intervention. That is what my mind kept telling me as I stuffed Halloween candy in my mouth.


It was time to dry up and get rid of my carb cravings. "How was I going to do this?" That is the question I asked myself every day. I decided to try an eleven day cleanse. This cleanse consists of a shake in the morning, 2 cups of lettuce and 4 oz of protein for lunch and another shake for dinner. Oh, I forgot to mention to drink water, water and more water. Yep, it is true, no Diet Coke or anything else except water for 11 days!!!!! There is more to this cleanse. On day 3 and 4 you drink this awful tasting cleanse with water, four times a day. NO FOOD. I do get ten almonds and these awful tasting scooby snacks. I am on day 3 right now. After the two day cleanse you go back to what you did on Day 1 and 2 for five days. Lastly, the home stretch is another two day cleanse on day 10 and 11. I am CRAZY!


The only thing that is getting me through this is trying to decide where I am going to eat on Day 12! Porcuipine Grill's, Chicken Nachos; Iggy's, California Chicken Sandwich; Training Table's, Turkey Sandwich with Cheese fries, AND ONE, LARGE, HUGE, DIET COKE!!!! People tell me after this is over my taste for these yummy foods will dissappear. I am hoping this is the case. I am totally aware that crash diets do not work and the key to weight loss is diet and exercise. However, when my self control left I needed to take desperate measures. So, when I finish this long, painful, two weeks I will be back to the gym and hopefully have a better eating pattern.


You never should start a new diet without a buddy. I coaxed my younger sister, Trish, to do this with me and my neighbors, Angie and Adam. Adam does not really count because he does the cleanse his way. That means Ginza for lunch, and a salad for dinner. He is on the half-cleanse plan. When one of us is weak and ready to throw in the towel the other one boosts us up. Having a buddy helps HUGE! We are all on the Crazy Train!!!!!

So day 3 it is and 8 more to go!!!!!




















6 comments:

Trish said...

I don't know how you talked me into this madness! SERENITY NOW!!! Hope it works. Stay strong.

Co-chillin with the Roths said...

you better have your freakin' butt to the gym on Oct. 10th. Boot camp challenge awaits you.

cindy said...

It will work, it will work, it will work!!!!
You are going to feel so good you're going to want to do another triathalon--and then another--and one more after that!
I am your official cheerleader!
GO JANA!!!

Jane Anne said...

You guys are crazy....I couldn't do it...

Brooke said...

i'm proud of you guys. you're all better girls than me.

Marie said...

wow that is amazing. I know I couldn't do it.